We don’t wish to knock any fellow Quantity Surveying firm as there are some really great Quantity Surveyors out there doing great work. However, we have seen some very shonky reports from other companies provided to disgruntled clients in the past. -So make sure you are fully informed.
• WRC QS is an Australian owned & operated family business. We do not come under the umbrella of a larger multi-national company.
• When you’re shopping around for quotes be sure to compare apples to apples. Ask our competitors these questions:
1. Will my property be inspected by a qualified Quantity Surveyor?
– Since 2010 the ATO has made it compulsory that Tax Depreciation reporting only be carried out by industry approved professionals and must be TPB registered. WRC QS will only send a qualified QS to inspect your property. Some other major firms outsource to staff who have no construction industry training or education.
2. Do I have to pay upfront?
– WRC QS like to keep our fees as low as possible. To do this requires control of cash flow so we will send you an invoice for the report prior to completing the report.
3. Can the company offer a same day service?
– As we are a family owned and operated business WRC QS has on many occasions inspected an investment property within 1hr of taking the call from the client.
4. Are you registered Tax Agents?
– WRC QS certainly is.
5. Do you offer a full report with both the Prime Cost & Diminishing Value methods?
– At WRC QS we provide a 20 year report (40 years for the Capital works items) with both the Prime Cost & Diminishing Value methods provided in full. The Accountants love it!
6. Can I have my report within 48hrs of inspecting the property?
– At WRC QS we aim to provide all reports within 48hrs of the inspection providing all the relevant information is provided to us. In particularly busy times, May-September we allow for a 7 day turnaround.
If our competitors can match us on all these points and still come in at a better price I’ll be shocked.
Have a look at our Fast Facts also.